G55 Macro

General JointCAM questions and discussion
Spain

G55 Macro

Post by Spain »

I have a question about setting up a g55 macro. I am not sure how to set up the macro to home the machine to the fixed work fence that I have set up on the cnc. Am I correct to assume this is a hard coded element programmed into the machine? Or is there a way to actually tell the software that the machine starting point will be X 24 Y 22.25 and the work piece is placed in the y axis.

-Spain

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Re: G55 Macro

Post by G-Force_Admin »

What control are you using? G55 is a work offset, not a macro. You should be able to just enter the offset values into the control.

However, I do have a new test version that allows you to enter the coordinates of your fixture (starting point) if its not at 0,0. I can upload it later tonight if you want to try it.
Gerry

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Post by G-Force_Admin »

I didn't get a chance to upload the version with the offsets, but if you copy the link to the development version 0.9.0.17, and replace the 17 with 18 you can download it.
After installing it, go to the Configuration tab and enter 0 or the actual values in the offsets, and click Sacve Settings. If the offset fields are blank, JointCAM may crash when you try to export g-code.
Gerry

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Post by G-Force_Admin »

Actually, change 17.exe to 18.zip in the link to version 0.9.0.17
Gerry