Suggestions

Questions and discussion relating to JointCAM's development.
Neal Robinson

Suggestions

Post by Neal Robinson »

I have only used the interface for 1 day and therefore may have missed stuff so please bare with me.

I have a couple of suggestions, I hope this is the right channel.

Version 0.9.0.38

In the tab for configuration there is one called file extensions, I have gotten used to .ncc which I can use on Mach3, when I change and save .ncc it is not persistent, I came from the grbl / arduino world and there I used .gcode file extensions, I hope it is easy for you to fix user named file extentions.

I did a few cuts yesterday, and it was not apparent where the X and y zeros are, I had to rewatch the training videos and still it was not easy for me to work it out, is it possible to it to add it to lets say the dimensioned color drawing on the upper right side of the interface window?

thanks for listening :)

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions

Post by G-Force_Admin »

Sorry for not replying sooner. If you need to get an answer quickly, feel free top send me an email.
In the tab for configuration there is one called file extensions, I have gotten used to .ncc which I can use on Mach3, when I change and save .ncc it is not persistent, I came from the grbl / arduino world and there I used .gcode file extensions, I hope it is easy for you to fix user named file extentions.
I should be able to fix this tomorrow.

I did a few cuts yesterday, and it was not apparent where the X and y zeros are,
Did you see the illustration in the manual? I plan on making some better videos soon that will hopefully provide a lot more information.
Gerry