feature Suggestion

Questions and discussion relating to JointCAM's development.
dannyg

feature Suggestion

Post by dannyg »

First, Hello, Just bought the program so this is a likely newb issue.

When cutting half blind joints could there be an option to first pass over the top of the tails to square the board (maybe even for all tail cuts). My cutoff saw obviously doesn't do it.
I now do it with a separate toolpath.
Then you could have an additional option to put a stop at the bottom end of the board, the cnc would cut the top to length(caution might get nasty) and you would get a set size length every time.

Or how are you all doing it to make a box an exact size you want

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Re: feature Suggestion

Post by G-Force_Admin »

First thing I would do is adjust or tune up your saw, so that it cuts square.
I prefer to make crosscuts on my table saw, with a sliding cutoff jig. Much more precise than a miter saw, and better cut quality.
If I were in your position, I'd create a program in my typical cam software that you could use to square the ends of all your boards, and do them all in one batch. You should be able to come up with something that works for any size board, so that you only use one program.
Gerry

AuS MaDDoG

Re: feature Suggestion

Post by AuS MaDDoG »

Hi Gerry,

I have been trying to message you through the forum however it would appear that the messaging is not working.
Are you able to send me my license details and a link to download the software again?
I have just recently purchased another cnc and would like to use the software again.
Much appreciated.
Tony Forsyth.