Zeroing

General JointCAM questions and discussion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SeanOB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Zeroing

Postby SeanOB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:39 pm

I know this maybe a stupid question. But how is everyone zeroing the router?

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Zeroing

Postby G-Force_Admin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:25 pm

Are you referring to X, Y, Z, or all three?
Gerry

SeanOB

Postby SeanOB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:53 pm

I'm referring to all 3.
I zeroed to the top surface, left corner with a prob. But when i run the gcode, just only cuts 1/8" circle. Then homes.
I have the shapeoko 3 xxl, i use carbide motion to control the cnc.

Photo of my setup

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Postby G-Force_Admin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:26 pm

The code from JointCAM?

Email me the code, and save the project file (.jnt file) and send me that as well.
Gerry

SeanOB

Postby SeanOB » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:58 pm

I have it cutting now. not sure what i did though. Trying to cut half blind dovetails, looks like the tail aren't rounding enough to fit the pins.

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Postby G-Force_Admin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:48 am

Gerry

SeanOB

Postby SeanOB » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:48 pm

G-Force_Admin
Site Admin

Postby G-Force_Admin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:49 pm

The file "pin.nc" is actually the same file as the "tail.nc" file.
So I don't have your actual "pin" board file.

However, just looking at the picture, it looks like you are setting your X zero on the outside of the vertical board. It needs to be on the Inside.
I think that will fix the problem.
Gerry